New Title, New Crafts.

by - 22:45

I say it every time I come back to this blog, I really need to get better with it. Instead of trying to make it something, I want it to just be for me. Somewhere where I can dump all of the projects I work on, express my frustrations, or celebrate my triumphs. Basically, my own bubble where I can talk to myself! Should a human or other choose to respond, YAY! Tell me what I'm doing wrong or celebrate my victories. Not interested? Hey, thanks for looking!

What have I been up to? After a long, long hiatus, I have finally started knitting again. What has started this up? My boyfriend of three years has banned me from purchasing anymore yarn until I use the copious amounts of yarn that is currently overflowing my 16 cube IKEA organizer. I'm sure any knitter reading this just scoffed loudly. Trust me, I did, too. I respect the man, though. He doesn't ask for much and let's me make all decisions with full control of money. Naturally when he asked this one favor, I have agreed. Aside from requested commissions that require me to purchase specific yarn, I have significantly cut my spending on yarn. I am weak to Wal-Mart Mandala sales! I skillfully hide all of that. He has yet to find it. If he has, he hasn't said a word.

I have been knitting ... SWEATERS ... ! Of the baby sort, and so far only one. After the terrible fail of my first sweater, I cowered away from the thought that I will ever be able to make a sweater. I still cannot figure out why I am so scared of sweaters, I knit socks, cables, intricate lace patterns for shawls. Sweaters should be a cinch. My biggest fear with a sweater is that I will end up with one obnoxiously long sleeve and one super small sleeve. I know, silly, but that has kept me from knitting sweaters.

Pattern: The Gift on Ravelry     Yarn: Done Roving Frolicking Feet DK in Rugosa Ridge

My conquest, this beauty. Okay, not an absolute beauty. I had exactly 1 skein of the yarn, 350 yards of it. The pattern called for 360 for even the smallest size. I decided to play a game of yarn chicken. In doing so, I knitted to tight on some parts, and I still can't seem to grasp the sleeve gaps when attaching. Buttons where very foreign to me and probably spent more time than I should.

All in all, I was very proud of the outcome. I wish I knew a baby that fits 0-3 months to wear this.


Inspiration: This Youtube Video

My latest crafty feat! The Rainbow Pull Apart Cupcake Cake. My Girl Scouts End of the Year Party was today, and 7 of our girls were bridging. A rainbow is a symbol for a Girl Scout bridging and what better way than cupcakes shaped into a rainbow and frosted.

My advice for next time or anyone attempting to do this (it really is easy):

Less than 1/4C per: I went with what I typically pour into a wrapper, 1/4C, this definitely proved to be too much. It is extremely important that the cupcakes are level to the wrapper AFTER baking so the assembly is more asymmetrical. I had several bits of frosting cave in because there was nothing to frost.

Smaller piping tip: I usually decorate cupcakes with the largest flower tip that I have. I didn't take into consideration that several colors would be decorating each cupcake, which meant lots of frosting. I should have went with a smaller tip for a more even frosting to color spread. Some of those cupcakes had no cake at all it was so doused in frosting.


As of now, I am working on another sweater and watching lots of Netflix (All of the DCU shows have their new seasons).

For now, enjoy the new logo of mine! I am looking into a new layout, but for now, this one works!

Also, if you are playing Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, Add me! 3619 3012 9294

You May Also Like

0 comments