Kingdom Hearts 3 - I Have Complaints

by - 15:33

IMAGE CREDITS: GameSpot

Let me start this off to say, I still have not finished Kingdom Hearts 3. I am a bit of an achievement whore and aim for 100% completion. I am at the end, but currently searching for all the Lucky Emblems, Item Chests, and this missing ingredient I seem to just be missing somewhere to complete the bistro recipes.

My main reason for this post is my absolute annoyance with the disappearance of the Final Fantasy characters. I love Disney as much as the next person. My first ever Disney World trip is slated for September of this year, but the main reason, really the ONLY reason I even picked up Kingdom Hearts in the first place is because of the Final Fantasy world.

I really feel the pressure was on for the creation of the third game and it is rushed and so heavily funded by Disney that the only focus is Disney. From the attraction ride specials to the new Disney worlds, it is really shoved down your throat. All of this while you're expected to follow the convoluted plot, rip your hair out finding Lucky Emblems (what I'm currently stuck on), and not wondering where the Final Fantasy aspect of the game went.

I feel gipped, honestly. Fans spent years playing and replaying Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, some more dedicated (I sure as heck wasn't going down that rabbit hole of insanity) played the various portable releases and re-releases to keep up with the story, and the third one seems like a Disney funded cop out to get fans to stop complaining about the lack of third game. So much left out, so many new characters they could have introduced. This was more than a Disney game, it was a Square Enix game. It just doesn't feel like it is Square Enix at all.


IMAGE CREDIT: KHINSIDER

The battle system seems very linear, not much brain power or use of combos. I spent well over half of the game completely forgetting that I have equipment and armor to attach to help my stats and was able to get through even boss fights without a struggle. The only real stand out factor of the battle system are the keyblades. When you power up the keyblades and they change form, some of them are pretty amazing and entertaining. One thing I could do without, and ended up turning the animations off for were the "attraction combos". These combos mimic Disney World/Disney Land ride attractions. They pop up so frequently and you see the same ones consecutively, you become absolutely annoyed with them.

I will finish it eventually, but for the most part, I have set the game aside to focus on Assassin's Creed Origins & Odyssey, and occasionally check on my Sims family.

You May Also Like

0 comments